Friday, December 5, 2008

Maddy



Hi my name is Maddy. I am almost 2 years old. My second birthday is coming up in February. I had a pretty rough start in my short 2 years. My previous owners kept me confined in a crate most of the time. My dad did not like me so my mom kept me in there to keep him content. After enough time my mom did the right thing and put me into rescue. I was very skittish toward men because I never had a positive experience with them. My new foster dad has shown me that men are great too. I still have some reservations at first but warm up quick. You will have to let me adjust at my pace. I like to feel everyone out on my own. I love playing with my new foster brother and sister (2 yr old Mastiff Lady & 3 yr. old Mastiff Kevin). There is a whole lot of playing with 3 teenagers in the house. Because I was in a kennel for the majority of my life I have to go to a home that will not put me in a crate. I know you are thinking right let’s leave a 150 pound puppy out to destroy everything. Honestly I do not destroy anything. I do watch my foster brother Kevin do some things he shouldn't but I know right from wrong. I just sit in my chair and think boy is dad going to be mad when he gets home. I get along with other dogs. Cats are ok but I prefer something that I can play with. I do like to sleep with everyone on the bed but sometimes I know it gets to be a bit much for my dad with three of us in the bed. If he tells me to sleep on my own bed I am fine with that too. I use a gentle lead to walk and do fairly well. I definitely would not mind some obedience classes to help with those basic commands and I think it would be good to improve my social skills. I would make some family happy to have me as their furry companion. Just give me a chance and I will show you what unconditional love is!!!

No comments: